There has been a hefty buzz around the World of Warcraft this week. There are some things that are highly worth mentioning while they hold our servers hostage and hopefully attempt to deal with the 3.3.5 known issues. Let’s take a look around and see what all has been going on!
As promised, I got the chance to do a guest post for Angelya over at Revive & Rejuvenate as well as some other great bloggers. Check it out!
There were multiple factors for my screenshot motivations this week. I was doing the guest post but I was also playing WoW on a 42 inch television screen with the HIGHEST graphic settings I have ever experienced. This was the most amazing thing I have even seen. The detail, the clarity, the beauty!! There were several that captured my heart, and since have been more but I thought I would share one of my favorites since it has been a while:
If it isn’t apparent, this is from Blade’s Edge Mountains where the beautiful crystals grow and the weird little hobbly-knobbly guys roam around. It is an interesting shot that took some work to get the right way, and it turned out better than I thought it would. I hope you enjoy it as well; it can be used as a 1920×1080 wallpaper.
I think that a variety of perspectives on a subject is important. When 3.3.5 went live in the US, it brought the Real ID and a lot of bloggers have their own thoughts to share on it. Some are for it and some are not, but they put the opinion out there to be heard.
- Six-Inch heals talks about the Real ID Buzz and being in between
- Miss Medicina talks about the patch notes and the Real ID
- Anna talks about privacy and Real ID
- Evensong shares her 3.3.5 thoughts
- The Noisy Rogue and the antithesis of WoW+Real ID
- Zelmaru does a quick refresher on Real ID
I am unsure if the Ruby Sanctum is experiencing any difficulties or anything, but I haven’t seen a single moment in trade chat were someone was saying LFM RS Need heals PST. I haven’t even heard it on a whisper. I am pretty disappointed with that fact; not that I have really had the chance to sit down and go if they were looking for heals, but I just thought that there would be more people jumping into it. I remember when Onyxia was turned Level 80, everyone loved it. But open a trinket heavy raid for ICC iLvl and nothing.
How is it going on other servers?
There are some things you should know when trying to break into Alliance cities for this particular holiday.
- The Darnassus flame is not located in the city, you don’t even need to cross through the portal as it is on the island outside the portal and by the bridge to the flight master/dock. If you are getting hit, it will interrupt your attempt at stealing it so you may need to be especially sneaky. It is important to note that while you DO NOT have to enter the city to steal the flame, you need to extinguish the flame of Teldrassil that is located in Dolonaar which requires a trek through the city.
- The Exodar flame is tricky. Assuming you will come in from the front, go down the ramps and take a right into the Crystal Hall. You then have to be paying attention to maneuver the flaming braziers that are on the steps as you go up the steps to reach the flame. If you are not careful, you will end up with a gaggle of guards and possibly even dead.
- Ironforge’s flame is located in the Hall of Explorer’s. I don’t often play Alliance, to me it seems like that place no one knows about except that it makes their journey around the city longer. However, for us Hordies, it is conveniently located to the North/Right of the Deeprun Tram, which makes our venture here a little less reckless if we come in from Stormwind.
- Speaking of Stormwind, it couldn’t be any fruther from the Tram. This flame is lcoated in the Canals outside the entrance to the Stockades; I agree, it is a little random. The best route may be to take the ship from the Auberdine dock, enter in through the Harbor to the Canals, then keep to the back side of the Trade District to make your way to the Dwarven District for a de-flagging tram ride.
I have decided that I will not be doing a full guide to this holiday this year, I was too busy at the on-set of the holiday to have the chance. However, if you are looking for one, I would happily suggest you look at Jaedia‘s very helpful and thorough guide.
One great thing to come from all of this is the Ice Chip! I got one for myself..so what if it is on the wrong character?
An Off-Topic Musing
I have been to two weddings on back-to-back weekends. There is one thing that I can definitely say with a high degree of certainty: I will NEVER get married in June. Not because I already know a lot of people who share anniversaries that month, and it is not a bad month but it has one deal-breaking flaw: It is to damn hot. I don’t want to carry a 50lb wedding dress in 90-100 degree weather and I don’t want my groom/groomsmen dieing of heat exhaustion in penguin suits. I don’t like sweat and June is just a sweaty month!
I do understand that it is one of the most popular months for weddings so I wish all of those couples good luck and congratulations!
Also, I would like to take the time to proudly admit that in ~12 hours I will be standing in line for the midnight showing of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and I am very excited! I also hope to be in line for The Last Air Bender on the next night but we will see how that one goes!
So while I find out bad news at work that yet another Saturday is going to be ruined for me, I hope that this doesn’t detur my play time but it does in fact ruin my yard sale plans. I wish you all the best in game and hope you keep flames tamed this week!