I have been downloading the PTR client and reading the build for 12942 and there are a lot of interesting things that make my life a little happy. As always, I will cover all that is Holy paladin but there are a couple of other /squee things I want to pull in from the notes including general bits and other classes.
The new Cataclsym Launcher, which is also PTR 4.0’s, is amazing. The graphics are nice and it allows you to stream the downloading content while you play. There are Three stages to a download: Setup, Available, and Playable. Did I mention you can play while you download? The notes say that this is to eliminate how much time you actually spending downloading instead of playing. I think it is pretty neat.
- Spell abilities tooltips will now display an average damage done instead of Min-Max potential.
- Ammo has been removed from the game.
- Spell ranks have been removed and they now scale with level.
- (Item) All armor will have the same durability to make the costs equal across all classes.
This list is not exhaustive but I am pretty excited about these specifically. Having started my hunter when you had to have a quiver, ammo and space in your bags don’t really work out that well together so I believe that is a positive change for hunters. I also know that spell ranks get complicated in spell books and training the same spell over and over gets expensive so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
- Each hunter can call 5 pets with Call Pet ability
- The Stable holds up to 20 pets
Hello vanity pets! Hello keepsakes! Good-bye tough decisions!
- There is a new UI fly-out feature for Teleport & Portals. By clicking Teleport or Portal, all of the available choices will expand.
Wow, that is a blessing in disguise. One of the man reasons I downloaded Dominos (bar addon) was for my mage. The sheer amount of space portals/teleports take up is ridiculous and doesn’t couple well with the time to sift through your spellbook.
Tier Bonuses are also available with this build but I have chosen not to look at it for reasons of my own. Descriptions are available at the MMO page.
But now for what you’ve all been waiting for…The Paladin (Holy)
- Seal of Insight now restores 4% of the paladin’s base mana instead of his/her maximum mana
What does this mean? That they are cutting our mana tools down…again! To give a rough estimate/example of what this means a Healadin may have now a maximum mana of 40k but only a base mana of, let’s say, 2k. 4% of 40,000 is vastly different than 4% of 2,000. This change is coupled with the recent change in Divine Plea, where the mana return is now only 10% (half of what it used to be).
What in the world are they doing to our Holy Shock!? It is an integral part of our arsenal at the moment and as it is moved to mastery, a defining point in being a healadin. In Wrath, right now, my holy shock is pretty potent. It is a life saver and worthy of being used at the top of every CD for its potency and efficiency (both in time and mana), but really, they are cutting out legs out from under us.
- Beacon of Light now has a 60 yards radius, up from 40 yards. Now affects all heals instead of just Holy Light and Holy Shock.
They have tried to change this and the way it works many times. I am glad they are effectively leaving it alone.
- Denounce now reduces the mana cost of Exorcism by 38/75%, up from 25/50%.
- Exorcism now costs 30% of base mana, up from 20%. Deals [((96+110)/2)+(0.15*if (SP>AP) then SP else AP)] Holy damage
Whooo…let me begin to describe my enthusiasm…. -.-
But with all that said, I feel like Paladins are the new priests…nerf nerf nerf.
But we shall see.