Right now, my outlook on this whole thing is pretty pessimistic, the admittance that “our strengths” aren’t available at Level 80 has left me hopeless. But, in the end, Cataclysm is barely over a month away and the changes that are coming with this build are eye-popping, hope generating, amazing. So let’s give this blog some good overtones and take a look!
- Holy Radiance‘s effectiveness now diminish on targets farther than x yards away.
- Divine Light base healing has been increased by 30%. From 8538-9512 to 11100-12366
- Flash of Light base healing has been increased by 30%. From 5313-5961 to 6907-7750.
- Holy Shock base healing has been increased by 30%. From 3033-3285 to 3943-4271.
- Holy Light base healing has been increased by 30%. From 3202-3567 to 4162-4637.
- Beacon of Light now lasts 5 min, up from 1 min.
- Mastery: Illuminated Healing now absorbs 10% of the amount healed, up from 8%. Now lasts 8 sec, up from 6 sec. Each point of mastery increases the absorb amount by an additional 1.25%, up from 1%.
- Lay on Hands no longer restores mana.
- Holy Wrath now scales from 61% of SpellPower, up from 30%. Base damage reduced by 22%, from 3122 to 2435.
- Exorcism now scales from 34.4% of SpellPower or AP, up from 15%. Base damage increased by 15% from 2343 to 2741.
HOLY COCOBONGOS FLASHLIGHT BATMAN! Those caps are a moment of squee for the sheer look at those base numbers. This brings the total buff to over 40% for most of the healing spells. I believe Word of Glory was included in the hotfix but not listed with the builds.
The change to Beacon of Light, as one of my readers, Thoger, states will make the glyph obsolete. You mean to tell me, after two years I get this glyph and it is worthless! Darn. But I like the change, it isn’t a GCD wasted every 1-1.5 (depending on glyphs). What does the new glyph do?
So, at a 5-minute duration, the expense of mana shouldn’t be a concern a given a genuine low mana cost at 6% base mana. This change can be easily handled if you recall my recent glyph analysis and see the recommendation that Glyph of Cleansing can be beneficial in it’s reduced mana cost; the mana cost for Cleanse is 14% base mana, more than double that of a 5-minute Beacon.
The change to Lay on Hands means that it can no longer be used as a form of Innervate as I have heard of it being used. This also means that the glyph has been changed. In live, it stands to return us with as much mana as it returns to the target. The new updated glyph? Simply returns 10% mana to us when cast. That is equal to the base return of Divine Plea, without the healing reduction, but with an 8-11 minute CD.
And as if Mastery wasn’t good already, the increase the amount absorbed by 2% and every point of mastery another .25! And the duration! I would like to point out that the duration of the buff as it stood was the CD of HS so by the time it would fall off, we could get another buff on the target, but this way, there will be some overlap with casting times and other situationals. This is a good time to remind you that to gain a point of mastery rating (1.25% increased absorption) you have to have ~46 Mastery Points.
And finally, the changes to the damaging spells don’t necessarily effect us, but if you foresee yourself leveling as Holy, this is a nice buff to the drab and long-winded holy “DPS” rotation for leveling.
Could all of this mean…that we aren’t broken at 85? Only time shall tell since I am not a beta participant, but we shall see in the end!
And as always, it is important to credit the sources used, so you can find the full details for all classes and specs with this build at MMO-Champion, but when clicking that link, please be aware that it may contain spoilers as there are some very vivid images as you click. We’ve seen the release of the Cataclysm Launcher, and video and image coverage of the Login screen are available as well as dance information, but don’t say I didn’t warn you!