Okay, it is time to take a look at what I have gotten behind in over the past week. There is a CataBuild (13066) and PTR Patch 13156 that I have been missing lately!
I’m just going to jump right into the small amount of changes for Holy that come from this build. These changes are neutral and minimal.
- Spiritual Focus no longer gives you hit based on your Spirit. Renamed to Paragon of Virtue – Reduces the cooldown of your Divine Protection by 10/20 sec and the cooldown of your Avenging Wrath by 30/60 sec.
- Enlightened Judgements now also grants hit rating equal to 50/100% of any Spirit gained from items or effects.
We keep the hit rating aspect of Spiritual Focus, and the cooldown on Avenging Wrath is beneficial, it can now, at 2/2, match with the cooldown on Divine Plea, which we can remember the cooldown being doubled and its effectiveness cut in half. Otherwise, being able to take less damage at a quicker CD, can help save lives, especially with all of our passive healing to self.
A side-note from 13082
- Rule of Law no longer increases the critical effect chance of Holy Shock, affects Hammer of the Righteous instead.
While this change does remove some of the healing utility from the talent, we can still gain benefits from its remaining effects on Word of Glory.
YAY A BUFF!
- Divine Light base healing increased by 10%
- Flash of Light base healing increased by 10%
- Holy Light base healing increased by 10%
- Holy Shock base healing increased by 10%
- Walk in the Light (Passive) now increases healing by 15%, up from 10%.
I think it is great to see something direct (i.e. healing) been increased. For far too long we have seen increased cooldowns, decreased mana tools, etc. These changes affect our our overall healing in a positive manner but I still struggle with the fact that we have far too many buttons that do too similar things.
In previous attempts, a HS+HL could accomplish the same thing that one expensive FoL could pull off. The effectiveness of my go-to-heal in Wrath is babified in the face of its successor, Divine Light. I equate the use of these heals to the Priest series: Lesser Heal, Heal, Greater Heal, etc. They massively buffed our healing arsenal but didn’t do anything radical to change it. Will it be worth casting fast, expensive…or slow and hefty…or eat up that Holy Power.
Note the major change in this build from the last one is I removed a point from Protector of the Innocent and Aura Mastery to get 2/2 in Paragon of Virtue, as of right now that is the only change until they decided our remaining points don’t need to be so “cookie-cutter” (source).
Well there you have it, the latest changes for those of us who call ourselves healadins and maybe someday soon we will get to test it out!