So there is a new build out for Cataclysm; however, MMO-Champion refers to this build as the ninja build.
Cataclysm Beta – Build 12857 (Codename Ninja)
A new beta build has been deploye… Actually, no, a new build appeared out of nowhere and was never deployed on beta servers. I have absolutely no idea why, but, hey, it’s still a beta build!
Disclaimer – This build is NOT ON BETA SERVERS, I have no way to confirm strange values by checking in-game and a lot of temporary stuff might be there. I strongly suggest that you don’t even try to complain about changes in this build on official forums, and if you plan to do it, you’d better do it in a very nice and constructive way if you don’t want to get your ass kicked.
Disclaimer #2 – Most of the tooltips don’t work for the moment. Working on it.
But there are some monumental changes that have been added and done to us holy paladins that I thought I would take a minute to review.
- Divine Plea now let you gain 10% (down from 25%) of your total mana over 15 sec. Cooldown changed to 2 min, up from 1 min.
- Consecration now scales from 22% of AP and 22% of Spell Power, down from 32%.
- Exorcism mana cost changed from 20% base mana (up from 8% of base mana). Cooldown removed.
- Lay on Hands cooldown reduced from 20 min to 10 min.
- Tower of Radiance now procs from Holy Shock, Flash of Light, Holy Light or Divine Light.
- Blessed Life now has a chance to proc whenever you take direct damage. (Old – “All attacks against you”)
- Illumination is gone.
- Denounce revamped – Reduces the mana cost of Exorcism by 25/50%. In addition, you have a 50/100% chance when casting Holy Shock to make your next Exorcism spell instant and cost no mana.
- Enlightened Judgements is now a Tier 4 talent, up from Tier 3. Healing value increased by 30%.
- Healing Light renamed to Blazing Light – Increases the damage of your Holy Shock and Exorcism by 10/20%. (No longer affects Word of Glory’s healing)
- Arbiter of the Light no longer affects Holy Light.
- Conviction is back as a Holy Tier 5 talent – Gives you a 1/2/3% bonus to damage and healing for 15 sec after causing a critical effect from a weapon swing, spell, or ability. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
- Daybreak (Tier 3) *New* – Your Flash of Light, Holy Light and Divine Light have a 15/30% chance of resetting the cooldown on your Holy Shock.
I first want to address what they did to Divine Plea as it is the first one you come to on this list. WTFZOMGSRSLY. That was my initial reaction and my current thoughts consist of me scratching my head in wonder at why they would WEAKEN an ability but DOUBLE the cooldown. I don’t think that Divine Plea is overpowered right now, when we use it we take a significant heal descrease in our output but it is a great untensil for mana conversation and regeneration.
We talked in the last post about the previous build about how the changes to Blessed Life would effect leveling holy paladins (I would also like to include PVP healadins here as well), this would be an interesting fix to the problem it created but in an overall picture, I don’t feel that it would be a major boost.
With the changes to Divine Plea AND the removal of Illumination I get very worried. We were told that conserving your mana and being efficient will mean something again in this campagin and yet, here they are, taking away our best tools for it.
I do believe though that the new Daybreak Talent seems beneficial. It will be interesting to have such a healing arsenal behind us now instead of our currently limited options.
In other CataBuild news for this release, we see access to the new player achievements and guild achievements. There is also a massive amount of profession information released. And as always, I would like to take the time to remind you that I do not have access to the Beta so I cannot give you experienced information. So with that, I leave you with a talent tree and references to other 12857 paladin posts!
Divinity, Judgements of the Pure, Clarity of Purpose, Last Word, Divine Favor, Infusion of Light, Daybreak, Beacon of Light, Speed of Light, Sacred Cleansing, Improved Concentration Aura, Conviction, Tower of Radiance, and Light of Dawn are at max ranks in the Holy Tree. Arbiter of Light is at 1/2. In the Ret tree, Crusade, Improved Judgements, Eternal Glory, and Rule of Law are maxed. Currently, there is still no viable help from the Protection tree.
Other Paladin Resources Covering 12857 so far:
Rhidach pulls through with Protection in 12857.