It is confirmed that 3.3.3 patch is dropping today. As a matter of fact, my download is at 67% right now. This is not a terrible exciting patch, it revolves most around PVP. The Paladins get (relatively) nothing! Not glyph changes, not spec changes, aura changes…just…bug fixes! That can be a good thing, it means no nerfs! On the same note, it means no buffs.
All the same, I would like to through in a small review that will effect me as a player; in turn, may bring to your attention something you didn’t know! I should also include that wow.com has posted patch notes for you to read; you can also always find them on the WoW official site.
- Battlegrounds will no longer award Marks of Honor.
Well this is great! The Marks of Honor system (aside from Wintergrasp) has been outdated. The only use that was still current were PVP mounts. These required 30 Marks from each Warsong Gulch, Alterac Valley, and Arathi Basin. This said, epic mounts are now at Level 40 and AV is not even accessible at that level. These will now be purchasable for 50,000 honor.
- The Random Battleground system has been added!
- Daily Battleground quests have been removed in place of the Random Battleground option.
The fact that I will be able to hop around getting a good battleground for the daily…amazing! I despised the daily PVP quest when the Horde couldn’t win if their life depended on it.
- The internal balance system now only changes when a faction achieves 2 consecutive defenses after an initial capture of Wintergrasp, up from 1.
Horde almost always have Shadow Council Wintergrasp; not a big deal but Tenacity sucks (I’m a ranter but not here).
Click behind the cut for more notes! Sorry feed readers, it’s just too long!
Dungeons & Raids
- Holiday bosses (such as Ahune for the Fire Festival) will now be accessible through the Dungeon Finder.
This will guarentee you fast route to these rough places and a group but I am not happy about:
- All rare holiday items (such as The Horseman’s Reins) will have a chance of being found in holiday-themed loot troves which will drop once for each player in the party no more than once per day, in the same manner that doing the Random Dungeon daily quest will provide a specific reward the first time it is completed in a day.
More farming for “gear”. Making holidays like everything else…sure you tried to get in as many times as you could but this takes that a step to far. Sure I can try for mounts and things more; but part of Hallow’s End was carting yourselves the PVP fest at SM every day! Not porting and staying as long as you want.
- Beast Mastery
- Ferocious Inspiration: This ability is now an aura and provides 1/2/3% damage to all party or raid members within 100 yards and boosts the damage of Steady Shot by 3/6/9%.
- Beast Mastery
YAY! Maybe someone will want my lovely Chakae again. With the BM debate of DPS output, I never took her away from BM. She was BM at Level 10 and will always be BM.
- Arcane Empowerment: This effect is now passive instead of being a proc off of critical strikes. The self damage buff remains unchanged.
That is pretty great! My mage seemed to always have it proc but a constant, passive buff is always active (I couldn’t seem to end this sentence grammatically correct with what I wanted to say).
- Incanter’s Absorption: This talent now only grants additional spell power when damage is absorbed by Mana Shield, Frost Ward, Fire Ward, or Ice Barrier. The limit of 5% of the mage’s health on the spell power buff has been removed.
I have this talent, and occasionally use my Mana Shield but not really. Probably not even enough to have it talented.
- Frozo the Renowned has moved into the Dalaran Magus Commerce Exchange and will be trading your Frozen Orbs for various other trade goods.
Finally! Something that makes these frozen orbs valuable again. Of course, you still need them occasionally for leg armors and such…but how often are you replacing your pants?
- Runed Orbs: Recipes which require this item have had their material requirements significantly reduced.
I never made anything from Ulduar yet, but my stash of orbs will go a lot further now!
- Titansteel Bar: Creating this item no longer results in a cooldown. If this ability is on cooldown when the patch is applied, players must wait for the cooldown to expire naturally before it is permanently removed.
Not really needed but still cool all the same. I have 2 450 miners!
- Glacial Bag: Creating this item now invokes a 7-day cooldown.
- The cooldown and location requirements have been removed from creating Moonshroud, Spellweave and Ebonweave.
This is even better! Now I can get Merlin’s Robe for my mage! But I feel this is an appropriate place to rant and rave that miners and tailors got rid of their CD’s but what about alchemists? They could at least allow me a gem AND an eternal transmute or something.
- The Deserter debuff given to players who leave a dungeon prematurely when queuing via the Random Dungeon option has been increased to 30 minutes
I know a lot of people leave instances they don’t want to go through, but I still believe that is a bit excessive. Sure, I can jump to an alt and play, but I wanted to play that toon.
- Anyone in a dungeon party can now re-queue their group for a dungeon, as players will still be prompted whether or not to accept their chosen role.
Much more efficient then waiting for that guy-who-doesn’t-realize-he-if-the-leader!
Paladins got several bug fixes but I am not going to go into that. I don’t even recognize them when they are happening so I don’t feel proper writing about them. Be sure to check out the patch notes if you want to know what they are.
Overall, this patch is a good transition and time keeper until 3.3.5 and the Ruby Sanctum opens up. Out of this you should expect to see more PVP and a drastic change in the economy. Either the price of Frozen Orbs will change or the price of the items you can buy with them will…beware of the stock market crash!