So, during the downtime today I sat and contemplated make a post for a long time but instead made a formspring profile. But no one asks me much so I got lost in the blog-world. I ended up over at Miss Medicina‘s blog and found that she had posted a questionnaire for the healy types to fill out and share. So here I am, putting my best foot forward and filling it out!
- What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer? Tarinae Androlene of Shadow Council-H (Holy Paladin)
- What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans) I’m the main healer (and guildmaster) for my guild when raiding 10 mans but find myself often in 5-mans. I also have intentions soon to join a 4v4 as a PVP healer.
- What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why? Holy Light…the bigger the number the better I feel. It also grants [Light’s Grace] which is a small but nice buff.
- What healing spell do you use least for your class and why? Hand of Protection — it is only an immunity to physical damage which doesn’t do much when it is spell/magical.
- What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why? The bomb heals is strong enough to keep the tank alive and Beacon of Light can allow you to spot heal throughout (or keep yourself alive) should the need arise.
- What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why? Not being able to use heal-over-time’s. We have to burst heal someone with FoL or Holy Shock to cover a few hundred points. The only HoT we have requires Sacred Shield and that is only on one target at a time.
- In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you? Most definitely tank healing. I have improved my skills and talent for it. Without HoT’s raid healing (and I have done it) is difficult and effects my performance negatively.
- What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why? 100% holy paladin. The only other one I have experience with is Disc Priest and I suck at it. But I love tank healing and think I do a good job at it.
- What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why? From what I can tell, (having not played much else) I dislike priest healing in general. There are too many different spells to chose from, different buttons to remove magic and disease (you can’t even do poisons!). I find priest healing makes me frantic and I spent an hour trying to Disc heal Ingvar at lvl 71.
- What is your worst habit as a healer? Putting my Beacon and Shield on the tank right after he aggros. Granted, if they would wait for my healing buffs it wouldn’t be a problem but I always find myself with initial aggro.
- What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing? When a raid wipe occurs, people automatically assume and ask “What happened healers?” If DPS would do what they are supposed to half the time, or watch their range or watch their DPS, our job wouldn’t be so hard. Someone somewhere once said, “After downing a boss, no one ever says ‘Good job healers’…its a thankless job”
- Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing? I think so; where others may excel at keeping the entire group alive, I shine in keeping the one person who takes the most damage alive. It is all about class utilization. If you put a druid on tank heals with me, the balance shifts against them.
- What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer? When tank healing, I check my effective healing done to a target in comparison to other assigned healers. I attempt not to let the performance of raid healers bring me down based on numbers. I also try to keep over-healing down but that can be difficult when you are healing the main tank and everyone has their eyes on them.
- What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class? That paladin healing is spamming Holy Light. Our mana is not infinite though we stack intellect.
- What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn? Beacon use. They may try a variety of targets as their Beacon of Light before settling on a style that is appropriate for them. I think this is evident in the sheer variety of Beacon styles used with seasoned healers. I also think they have to learn to know numbers and negative health to cast the appropriate heal. (Grid helped me significantly with this).
- If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)? I would say there is lots of overhealing (I dont concentrate on that – if it is overhealing, still means they are topped off) but very high HPS is another pattern. Having broke 8700, I avg around 4k.
- Haste or Crit and why? I have moved onto haste essentially as my crit is close to a whopping 40%!
- What healing class do you feel you understand least? Druids. Having not played one, it seems all their spells do the same thing at the same cast time /shrug.
- What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing? I use Grid for Unit Frames (No I dont use Clique) and I love it. I also use NeedtoKnow for Beacon and Sacred Shield focus target watches. I have decided that they are my lifelines.
- Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others, and why? I love balance, but I have been learning slowly that stacking intellect (as a healadin) balances everything but your haste and I work with that accordingly.
Maybe this is an effective look into my healing pyshce 🙂 I had a blast filling it out. At this point I am supposed to link to other healers and encourage them to fill them out. As I am new to the blogosphere, I will link the only ones I know!
Ophelie at The Bossy Pally and the Giant Spoon
Lissanna at Restokin
Derevka at Tales of a Priest